An interactive online/virtual course for high school students
January 13 to May 5, 2017
(15 Saturdays – no class on March 31)
12:30 – 2:30 pm
Course Fee: $350
($380 if enrolling after Dec. 22, 2017)
Partial and Full Scholarships Available!
Application deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
Would you like to take the A.P. Italian Language and Culture exam in May 2018, but your school doesn’t offer the course? Are you looking for a way to get more practice and exposure to the A.P. Italian exam? Then this interactive online course is for you!
What you will learn:
- Familiarity with the six themes and sub-themes recommended by the College Board;
- Strategies for interpreting written and audio texts in Italian, even if you don’t understand every word;
- Strategies for starting, continuing and ending a conversation in Italian;
- The formal conventions of letter/e-mail writing;
- How to make cultural comparisons between the U.S. and Italy and how to make an effective and concise oral presentation;
- How to write a well-argued and organized persuasive essay;
Must be heritage speaker or have at least 3 years of high school Italian or equivalent, i.e. intermediate-level proficiency.
Students are expected to be tech savvy and to have a reliable internet access.
(please review before enrolling in the course)
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.