An interactive online/virtual course for high school students
January 21 to May 6, 2017
(15 Saturdays – no class on April 15th)
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Would you like to take the AP® Italian Language and Culture exam in May 2017, but your school doesn’t offer the course? Are you looking for a way to get more practice and exposure to the AP® Italian exam? Then this interactive online course is for you!
What you will learn:
- Familiarity with the six themes and sub-themes recommended by the College Board
- Strategies for interpreting written and audio texts in Italian, even if you don’t understand every word
- Strategies for starting, continuing and ending a conversation in Italian
- The formal conventions of letter/e-mail writing
- How to make cultural comparisons between the U.S. and Italy and how to make an effective and concise oral presentation
- How to write a well-argued and organized persuasive essay
- Must be heritage speaker or have at least 3 years of high school Italian or equivalent, i.e. intermediate-level proficiency.
- Students are expected to be tech savvy and to have a reliable internet access.
(please review before enrolling in the course)
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
Maximum enrollment is 12 students
Enroll early to secure your spot in the course!
*AP® is a registered trademark of The College Board which does not endorse this course.
FONDAZIONE ITALIA is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1998 for the purpose of promoting the teaching and learning of the Italian language and culture across Southern California.