Get your camera ready. The Contest has been extended to January 15!
In honor of Italian Language Day, Fondazione Italia, in collaboration with the Consulate General of Italy in Los Angeles, would like to propose a fun contest that will showcase kids creativity and Italian language ability, while pushing them to tap into Italian culture.
Students in grades K-12 are asked to create a “commercial” or promotional spot to talk about or “sell” their favorite Italian product, Italian travel destination, book, music, Italian fashion item, Italian food, museum, artist, artwork etc. The possibilities for kids to talk about what they love about Italy are limitless!
- Kids must be enrolled in K-12
- Their commercial/promotional spot must be in Italian
- Their commercial/promotional spot cannot exceed three minutes
- Video submitted should be in MP4 or QuickTime format
Three winners will be chosen from three separate age groups.
- One first place winner for K-4
- One first place winner for 5-8
- One first place winner for 9-12
The winning videos across all three age groups will be showcased on June 2nd, 2018 during the celebration of Italy’s National Day and the students will receive recognition from the Consul General.
Information and Application
An interactive online/virtual course for high school students
January 13 to May 5, 2017
(15 Saturdays – no class on March 31)
12:30 – 2:30 pm
Course Fee: $350
($380 if enrolling after Dec. 22, 2017)
Partial and Full Scholarships Available!
Application deadline is Dec. 15, 2017
Would you like to take the A.P. Italian Language and Culture exam in May 2018, but your school doesn’t offer the course? Are you looking for a way to get more practice and exposure to the A.P. Italian exam? Then this interactive online course is for you!
What you will learn:
- Familiarity with the six themes and sub-themes recommended by the College Board;
- Strategies for interpreting written and audio texts in Italian, even if you don’t understand every word;
- Strategies for starting, continuing and ending a conversation in Italian;
- The formal conventions of letter/e-mail writing;
- How to make cultural comparisons between the U.S. and Italy and how to make an effective and concise oral presentation;
- How to write a well-argued and organized persuasive essay;
Must be heritage speaker or have at least 3 years of high school Italian or equivalent, i.e. intermediate-level proficiency.
Students are expected to be tech savvy and to have a reliable internet access.
(please review before enrolling in the course)
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
ITALIAN FOR TRAVELERS
ITALIAN LANGUAGE & CULTURE
To register or have questions please call 310-824-7408
September 27 – December 6
On Wednesdays, from 6:30-8:30pm
The full schedule of Lingua Viva courses offered is available here